Traveling

Monday, May 28, 2018

Offers I Don't Think Will Be Around for Long, If You're Interested Act Now and more...

There are several offers right now that I don't think are going to last. Some we know won't. Others banks have hinted they won't. And in some cases we can make that bet based on past experience. Usually there aren't this many heightened offers at once, ...

Offers I Don’t Think Will Be Around for Long, If You’re Interested Act Now and more...


Offers I Don’t Think Will Be Around for Long, If You’re Interested Act Now

There are several offers right now that I don't think are going to last. Some we know won't. Others banks have hinted they won't. And in some cases we can make that bet based on past experience.

Usually there aren't this many heightened offers at once, it's an embarassment of riches, largely I think because it's getting harder and harder to get consumer attention, banks need to spend more to acquire customers and it's a highly competitive environment, when one product increases its offer others respond in kind.

Continue reading Offers I Don’t Think Will Be Around for Long, If You’re Interested Act Now...

        

Review: Park Hyatt Tokyo

The Park Hyatt Tokyo is a great value property for Hyatt's top tier elites. I used a confirmed suite upgrade and got nice value from breakfast which can be taken in the restaurant or via room service (or both). I enjoyed the complimentary happy hour for top elites as the sun set.

This is a property that appeals to me emotionally because years ago I really enjoyed Bill Murray in Lost in Translation, much of which takes place inside of this hotel.

Continue reading Review: Park Hyatt Tokyo...

        

Video of a Plane Landing Upside Down and TSA Sings Getting Ready for Summer

A roundup of the most important stories of the day. I keep you up to date on the most interesting writings I find on other sites – the latest news and tips.

Continue reading Video of a Plane Landing Upside Down and TSA Sings Getting Ready for Summer...

        

Taking Narita Express to and from the Tokyo Airport

The first time I visited Tokyo many years ago I wanted simplicity. I took the Airport Limousine Bus, which drops off at hotels. By the time I had gotten out of the airport I was on a bus departure after 5 p.m. and we got stuck in terrible traffic. The ride took almost three hours, and the bus seats weren't particularly comfortable. I never did that again.

Taxis just aren't an option from the airport in my view, they're just too expensive, the idea of spending hundreds of dollars for a car and getting stuck in traffic doesn't appeal to me either.

Continue reading Taking Narita Express to and from the Tokyo Airport...

        

I Want a New Laptop and I Need Your Help

It's only been two years since I bought my last laptop. It's a Lenovo T460s, and I hate it. It has an Intel i7-6600u processor and a 1 terrabyte hard drive. But battery life is awful.

Here's my criteria in a new machine and I could really use suggestions about what will work best.

Continue reading I Want a New Laptop and I Need Your Help...

        

The World’s Cheapest Airlines and What Pilots Make

A roundup of the most important stories of the day. I keep you up to date on the most interesting writings I find on other sites – the latest news and tips.

Continue reading The World’s Cheapest Airlines and What Pilots Make...

        

100,000 Bonus for Amex Platinum Available to Some Through CardMatch Tool

While the Platinum Card by American Express has a standard offer currently of 60,000 points after $5,000 in purchases within 3 months, some people can do even better than that — 100,000 points through the CreditCards.com CardMatch tool.

Continue reading 100,000 Bonus for Amex Platinum Available to Some Through CardMatch Tool...

        

Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airline or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.

   
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment