Traveling

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Full Disclosure: What's in My Wallet Right Now and How I'm Using Each Rewards Card and more...

Since I offer advice on earning frequent flyer miles, often with credit cards and sometimes other financial techniques, I think it's only fair to take an 'open kimono approach' with my own strategies. And the best way to do that is to share with you my ...

Full Disclosure: What’s in My Wallet Right Now and How I’m Using Each Rewards Card and more...


Full Disclosure: What’s in My Wallet Right Now and How I’m Using Each Rewards Card

Since I offer advice on earning frequent flyer miles, often with credit cards and sometimes other financial techniques, I think it's only fair to take an 'open kimono approach' with my own strategies.

And the best way to do that is to share with you my wallet. Because that will shows you what I carry with me through my daily life, and is a great opportunity to explain my thinking about each choice I make -- a choice that's constrained by space and so reveals a lot about me.

Continue reading Full Disclosure: What’s in My Wallet Right Now and How I’m Using Each Rewards Card...

        

The Most NSFW Things Flight Attendants Have Seen and Lufthansa CEO’s Plan to Step Down

A roundup of the most important stories of the day. I keep you up to date on the most interesting writings I find on other sites – the latest news and tips.

Continue reading The Most NSFW Things Flight Attendants Have Seen and Lufthansa CEO’s Plan to Step Down...

        

How Much Should Frequent Flyer Balances Matter When Choosing a Date?

Advertising your frequent flyer mileage balance on Tinder?

Continue reading How Much Should Frequent Flyer Balances Matter When Choosing a Date?...

        

Flight Attendant Caught Smuggling $190,000 Cash, Says They Just Were Too Tired to Go Shopping

Flight crew are responsible for our safety during travel, and they're usually highly responsible. We trust them.

Because flight crew are trusted they get less scrutiny at security checkpoints and at immigration and customs. That makes them ideal mules.

Continue reading Flight Attendant Caught Smuggling $190,000 Cash, Says They Just Were Too Tired to Go Shopping...

        

Marriott Test Site Leaks, New Name for Marriott’s Loyalty Program Revealed?

Marriott combined their Starwood Preferred Guest, Marriott Rewards, and Ritz-Carlton Rewards programs into a new unified program with the same currency and benefits on August 18th. All accounts were merged onto Marriott's IT platform. However they retained separate program branding for legal reasons, I'm told related to their timeshare contracts.

In 2019 two major things are happening with Marriott Rewards: devaluing points and renaming the program.

Continue reading Marriott Test Site Leaks, New Name for Marriott’s Loyalty Program Revealed?...

        

Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airline or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.

   
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment