Traveling

Friday, October 26, 2018

6 Reasons to Get the British Airways Visa and more...

The 100,000 Avios signup bonus offer is back, and I have a real soft spot for it because this was the very first card ever to offer such a big bonus. Here are 6 things that I love about the card -- you may be surprised to learn that it goes beyond just ...

6 Reasons to Get the British Airways Visa and more...


6 Reasons to Get the British Airways Visa

The 100,000 Avios signup bonus offer is back, and I have a real soft spot for it because this was the very first card ever to offer such a big bonus.

Here are 6 things that I love about the card -- you may be surprised to learn that it goes beyond just the signup offer, although of course that's number one.

Continue reading 6 Reasons to Get the British Airways Visa...

        

Selling Nonrefundable Tickets You Can’t Use and Why Hotel Towels are White

A roundup of the most important stories of the day. I keep you up to date on the most interesting writings I find on other sites – the latest news and tips.

Continue reading Selling Nonrefundable Tickets You Can’t Use and Why Hotel Towels are White...

        

Hyatt Leaks New Redemption Category 8 — Won’t Apply to Any Current Hotels

Twelve years ago the most you could spend to stay at a Hyatt was 15,000 points. There was nothing higher than category 4. Yesterday the category drop down on Hyatt's website began displaying a greyed-out category 8, 40,000 points per night.

Continue reading Hyatt Leaks New Redemption Category 8 — Won’t Apply to Any Current Hotels...

        

15 Things I Love About the New Hyatt Visa

Hyatt re-launched their credit card in the middle of the year and I took my old one out of the sock drawer, quickly upgraded to the new version, and have worked to put about $30,000 spend on it so far.

As a result I locked in my top tier elite status for the year despite doing my best to limit my travel, and I picked up a couple of free nights in addition to points in the process.

Hyatt's points are the more valuable than other hotel chain points, and they're also the easiest to use to secure the best rooms at their hotels. As a result I'm a big fan of the new card.

Continue reading 15 Things I Love About the New Hyatt Visa...

        

New York JFK Shuts Down Bathrooms, Tells Passengers to ‘Hold it and Go on the Plane’

I don't know about you but on a flight less than four hours I may not use the lavatory, especially if I'm in a window seat. I'll just make a stop in the restroom on the way out of the terminal.

That doesn't always work if you're flying into New York JFK, though. This morning in terminal 5 a water main break caused the airports to lose pressure and close down the bathrooms.

Continue reading New York JFK Shuts Down Bathrooms, Tells Passengers to ‘Hold it and Go on the Plane’...

        

Domestic Airline Pricing Class Action Settlement and 70% Off Garuda Indonesia Awards

A roundup of the most important stories of the day. I keep you up to date on the most interesting writings I find on other sites – the latest news and tips.

Continue reading Domestic Airline Pricing Class Action Settlement and 70% Off Garuda Indonesia Awards...

        

Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airline or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.

   
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment